TARC 100 & 50 OPEN REGISTRATION
Calling all TARC Critters,
We’ve a special pre-holiday opportunity for all TARC members. Starting today, we’ve opened registration 30 days early for the brand spanking new TARC 100 Mile Endurance Run – the first-ever 100 mile trail run in Massachusetts – and the accompanying TARC 50 miler. We’ve successfully secured all the permits to stage this exciting addition to the TARC Trail Series. The bucolic and convenient woods of Weston, Mass. will be our hosts. You can register now here. We anticipate this run(s) will be very popular so encourage you to register early. TARC continues to follow our mission of making trail running accessible to as many people as possible. This means convenient, welcoming, community oriented and inexpensive. You’ll find all those elements here and more….. the highlights:
- Friday, June 14, 2013 7:00 pm; Weston, MA
- Great course for setting PR, first-time 50 or 100 miles or qualifier for other ultras
- 99% single or double track trails; 10,000’ of elevation gain/loss; 25 mile loop
- Unique Friday evening start time for both 100 and 50
- Located just 20 minutes from Downtown Boston, easy access from I95, I93 or Mass Pike
- At $60, one of the two least expensive 100 milers in the country (the other is TARC Ghost Train!); 50 mile is also $60
- Technical t-shirt for every participant, included in the price
- For 100 mile finishers, a snappy finisher’s jacket – men and women styles, from our partner and friends at Green Layer®, included in the price
- For 100 mile finishers, the opportunity to purchase a hand crafted brass on silver commemorative belt buckle for $50
- Pacers allowed for 100 miler start at mile 50; 30 hour cutoff, 12 hour for 50 mile
There are many more details at the registration site and in this FAQ. We hope you’ll join us and feel free to spread the word. We intend to make this a crown jewel event in the TARC Series for years to come.
Run Like A Trail Animal!
Josh “Sir Speedy” Katzman & Bob “Diesel-san” Crowley